HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the Vault Cloud team and focus on developing the core subsystems in Vault. You will help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the scalability and stability of Vault.
This person will be a part of the Vault engineering team at HashiCorp, working to provide a fantastic and broadly used secrets tool for businesses and individuals handling all sizes and types of infrastructure.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for operations management
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global fleets of resources
- Interface directly with internal teams, users and HashiCorp customers
- Own the full lifecycle of development including design, testing, release, and running the service in production
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation that supports our critical production services
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have 4+ years of professional software development experience
- You have strong language experience using Go
- You are familiar with microservices architectures, and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
- You have a strong understanding of security principles
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault Cloud team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include too.
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- Systems and architecture interview
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
We do our best to accommodate your programming language of choice for technical interviews.
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!