**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
As an Engineer in our team, you seek resolution to problems and mitigate risk, always ensuring a Customer Obsessed experience has occurred. You will be working on challenging technical problems with a direct impact on the customer experience. If you are passionate about the opportunity to learn and work on distributed systems, enjoy trouble shooting and solving sophisticated problems, you won’t be disappointed. You will be challenged to invent, build and tackle ambitious problems as well as wear many hats and collaborate with multi-functional teams and customers directly.
Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll work hard, have fun and impact many customers!
In this role, you will:
- Work alongside our Product team, UX, software engineers and QA in a team to elaborate product requirement, define acceptance criteria, prototype and help design solutions
- Work cross-functionally in an agile environment
- Act as mentor to junior developers, while bringing your leaderships skills to the broader Engineering department
- Establish coding standards and guidelines around Jama’s frontend code base
- Implement software making appropriate use of software design patterns and best practices
- Implement test fixtures, acceptance tests, and unit tests to drive development
- 5+ year’s experience in backend expertise: Java, Spring, Hibernate, RDBMS
- 5+ years working with relational database systems such as MySQL and SQL Server
- Working experience in REST API
- Working experience with CI/CD (Team City, Jenkins, etc.)
- Working experience with modern version control systems (Git)
- Experience working on a scrum team within an agile process
- Bonus: Experience with Elasticsearch and Monolithic applications
- Bonus: Working experience in site reliability and Ops is a plus
- Bonus: Understanding and experience using Ops tools like Datadog and other log monitors
- Bonus: Working experience with Docker
- Self-driven, highly motivated team player
- Excellent Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Curiosity to dive into tough architectural challenges to trace solution
- Ability to understand and work in Monolithic legacy systems
- Ability to prioritize and manage context switch based on customer priority and business value
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.