Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the role and your impact
You will be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans across North America, Europe, and beyond. Your day-to-day would be spent writing production quality test code, pairing with and mentoring other engineers to build and maintain a first-class testing experience that will allow us to make changes to our mobile code base with confidence, while maintaining an outstanding user experience. Last, but not least – we are growth-oriented, both as a company and as individuals; we take learning seriously and invest heavily in developing our skills and our teams’ capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver product features in an Agile environment.
- Decompose and refactor complex and ambiguous logic into manageable components.
- Instrument, monitor, and test frontend components that are performant under load and handle large data sets; participate in on-call rotations.
- Help lead engineering efforts by authoring technical design documentation; break down complex projects into small executable units.
- Work with other frontend engineers to strengthen and scale the web platform; institute best practices to improve consistency and development velocity across all teams.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers
What You’ll bring
- 5+ years of frontend experience building and operating multi-tenant SaaS applications, using modern web development technologies.
- Strong proficiency in Node.js, CSS, and HTML.
- Passion for building high-impact, testable, well-performing user experiences.
- Desire to explore and share new frontend technologies.
- Bonus: Experience in maintaining a component library.
- Curiosity about the world and desire to learn and grow.
- Our backend is largely asynchronous, written in Elixir, running in Docker containers, on a distributed, scheduled platform on AWS. We work w/ PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, and RabbitMQ among others.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.