The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
- Present Primer’s technology, products, and vision to technical and generalist audiences at prospective and existing client organizations
- With minimal oversight, work with various stakeholders across the business to lead development of limited prototypes applying Primer’s technology to customer data
- Lead technical sales process for numerous customers day-to-day from initial meetings through post-sales (customer success, expansions, and renewals)
- Investigate and deeply understand the technical requirements of prospects and customers and scope solutions to deployment, data-related, or workflow obstacles
- Work hand-in-hand with sales executives to map customer requirements to current and future offerings and to close deals
- Continuously build expertise in NLP/NLG technologies and companies to understand potential competitors, partners, and vendors and how to position Primer in relation to them
- Marry deep customer expertise with your knowledge of Primer’s suite of products to influence marketing, product design, enhancement, and deployments
- Partner with Customer Success Managers and Post Sales Engineers to ensure a seamless handoff at the end of successful sales cycle
- United States citizenship is required for this position as a result of contractual requirements with the United States government
- 7+ years of SaaS/PaaS services experience with a minimum of 3-5 years within a pre-sales customer-facing environment. Definite plus if your pre-sales work was focused on the financial services sector in NYC
- Strong Python programming skills
- Linux/Unix expertise and demonstrable bash-fu
- Broad range of experience in NLP
- Knowledge of distributed systems, databases, and ETL workflows
- Working knowledge of AWS tools, including S3, EC2, and SQS
- High emotional intelligence and ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and generalist audiences – you will be the face of Primer to customers’ organizations
- Track record for consistently exceeding goals and quota.
- Bonus for hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Elasticsearch and/or experience in the financial services and pharma sectors
What we Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for career growth
- Compensation in the form of Salary + Incentive Stock Options (ISOs)
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches