About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Senior Streamer Operations Manager
Over the last year, Wurl has rapidly grown our footprint of Streamers, allowing for wide global distribution of FAST channels for Content Companies. As we continue to expand, we are looking for a Manager to help scale the Streamer Operations team.
The Senior Streamer Operations Manager will be responsible for end-to-end project management of technical Integration projects, feature enhancements, spec documentation, and internal training for Streamers on the Wurl Network. Part Technical Project Manager, part Solutions Engineer, using strong technical knowledge on video streaming and advertising, this role will serve as a primary point of contact for new and existing Wurl Streamers during integration projects and ongoing feature request reviews.
This is a varied and critical role within the Wurl team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Streamer Operations. With oversight and involvement in a wide variety of internal and external initiatives, the Manager will contribute to technical troubleshooting, client expectation management, product prioritization, and new feature developments. Wurl’s Operations, Support and Product teams will also rely on the Manager as a key resource for critical information on Streamer projects and technical integrations.
- Act as the lead point of contact and Wurl authority in discussions with Streamers regarding new integrations, new features and integrations enhancements (eg. DRM integrations, EPG metadata integrations, SSAI workflow, etc.)
- Work with existing Wurl Streamers to collect technical and operational information to help Wurl teams prioritize new feature requests based on criteria such as the ease of Wurl integration, customer priority, Wurl strategic interest, etc.
- Work with Technical experts in the Streamer Operations, Product and Engineering teams to assess technical specification documents, feature requests, and Streamer impact.
- Maintain detailed project trackers to communicate status and task responsibility internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Operations teams to schedule and prioritize channel launches and redeployments for new Streamer POCs.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team on new Streamer integrations, channel launch planning, contractual discussions, and issue escalations.
- Create and operate documentation and training to Wurl Operations, Support, and Technical Account Management teams for new Streamers and new Streamer features.
- 5+ years of experience in technical project management, solutions engineering, or product management in the streaming video space
- Proven history of driving projects to completion and forging strong relationships with technical points of contact and operations leaders
- Expert project management skills, including the ability to manage several high-touch technical projects at once with superior attention to detail and documentation
- Top-notch problem solving skills, with a knack for finding solutions by collaborating with technical experts and engineering teams
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines internally and with customers
- Understanding of streaming video technology including streaming formats, EPG metadata integrations, and Server Side Ad Insertion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values every day in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.