HubSpot is a rapidly growing publicly traded technology company that has organically grown revenue from just under $100 million at the time of our IPO to about $830 million in revenue in 2020. With top-line growth that will happen for years to come, we are looking to fill our newly created Senior Tax Analyst role to ensure that HubSpot remains compliant with our US direct tax obligations.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and growing tax team that manages the cutting-edge digital economy? The Senior Tax Analyst is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced tax department. The position will have responsibility for all aspects of US federal, state and local taxes. The position is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting and compliance of HubSpot’s US federal, state, and local taxes. Additionally, the position will be responsible for monitoring US tax legislative developments including: tax law changes, potential tax reform, nexus in new jurisdictions, etc.
In this role you’ll:
- Prepare calculations for US federal, state, and local jurisdictions tax filings and work with third party service providers to prepare filings.
- Prepare US indirect tax reconciliations for month-end (reserves, use tax, early filing discounts, WA B&O tax, etc.).
- Prepare SOX control documents for US indirect taxes each month-end.
- Maintain US tax compliance.
- Ensure that HubSpot maintains compliance in all jurisdictions, including the preparation and maintenance of taxability matrices
- Prepare consolidated and US federal, state, and local quarterly tax provisions.
- Assist with other quarter, month, and year-end end close procedures, including the preparation of tax account reconciliations and proofs;
- Prepare US tax registrations for expansion into new jurisdictions and/or for jurisdictions with new rules.
- Manage the US and Ireland R&D Tax Credit studies.
- Assist with any US tax audits and notices.
- Research and document technical tax and tax accounting issues
- Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
- Support special tax projects as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Prior experience with US direct tax rules required
- CPA preferred
- Technology/SaaS experience preferred
- Experience with Avalara and Netsuite preferred
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves when work needs to get done
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal oriented, and someone who can work independently to identify process improvements and implement
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate
- Ability to research issues, document conclusions, and communicate findings
- Ability to work well with others, including as part of cross-functional teams and locations
- Must embrace technology; computer skills must be second nature
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.