At Urbint, Senior Technical Product Managers are the bridge between our technology and customers. You empathize with customer problems and the needs of stakeholders, then chart a path for how we build software that delivers value as quickly as possible. You are at the heart of our Product Management team and work with other product managers, engineers, and our implementation team to set the vision on the design, development, launch, and implementation of technologies to make our communities safer and more resilient.
What you’ll do
- Build impactful customer relationships and be the voice of the customer within your team, helping provide context, empathy and rationale behind customer needs.
- Help define the product roadmap in partnership with the Engineering and Implementation teams by applying the best software development methodologies.
- Help define the product strategy for integrating Urbint solutions into a customer’s environment.
- Lead discussions with customer business stakeholders to identify new market problems and refine our understanding of existing market problems.
- Consider the entire ecosystem of Urbint products when evaluating product ideas and how they can be reused as common components across Urbint’s products to achieve scale within the Urbint Lens platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams consisting of Product, Sales, Implementation, Engineering and Design to translate the product vision and feature requests into shippable solutions.
- Be responsible for leading planning exercises and cross-team sprint rituals.
- Assist Product Marketers and Sales Managers to position and message your products.
- Represent Urbint and evangelize our products and capabilities in meetings with customers and at industry events.
- Create and maintain the product roadmap, strategy, and define KPIs. Define the next big idea for our products, prioritize solutions, coordinate the release plans with product managers and engineering, and clearly communicate to them to drive alignment.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience successfully performing this role’s responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting applications that serve the Utilities (gas, electric, cable, telcom) or Energy (Renewable, Oil & Gas, etc.) Operations and / or Construction functions
- Experience with operational risk management is preferred
- Product experience building and shipping software, especially B2B / Enterprise SaaS.
- Professional and practical understanding of software development methodologies
- Strong technical background, with Software development/Engineering experience preferred
- Familiarity with AI, machine learning, or statistics, and a comfort implementing those topics in technology solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup culture where change and adaptation is embraced.
- Experience defining product capabilities that enable data integration into other software platforms is preferred.
- Experience integrating with GIS systems, work management systems, asset management systems is preferred.
- Comfortable in a culture where processes and systems are being built and modified as products and company grows. You have the opportunity to impact our current and future culture and working norms.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to work independently to complete tasks.
- Personable, empathetic, and excellent at building strong relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders from across the business.
- Mission Driven – Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- Top Compensation – Competitive compensation package
- We are 100% Distributed – work from almost anywhere
- Your health matters to us, so we offer 100% employer-paid premium option
- Distributed work monthly stipend
- Office Space Stipend for co-working space expenses
- Wellness reimbursement
- Educational Allowance
- Weekly lunch stipend
Urbint’s Core Values
- Passionate about customers: We strive to deliver sustainable value and exceed expectations, and we’re not satisfied until our customers are raving fans.
- Be decisive: We make timely, informed, and pragmatic decisions to keep the organization moving forward.
- Build trust: Our values are the building blocks to trust. As we live them, we grow and build lasting relationships.
- Focus on impact: We measure and strive to continuously improve our real-world impact.
- Be tenacious: We are agile in our approach to addressing challenges but firm in our beliefs.
- Win together: We efficiently leverage our diverse skills and perspectives for one another, united by our shared vision.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.