Senior Technical Product Manager
Babylist is looking for an experienced Group Product Manager to help scale our ecommerce, revenue and operations systems to meet the needs of our exponential growth of our business. We are on track to reach over $1B in gifts given on our platform in 2021 and help 1 in 3 parents prepare for a new phase in their lives. In this role, you will own the product strategy and build out a team to own mission-critical tools that enable our teams across Babylist to successfully achieve their objectives. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, technically nimble, and obsessed with the customer experience and automation.
Our approach to product management is deeply rooted in understanding the customer and placing emphasis on the user experience. You are a person who is passionate about improving lives through the products you build; through Babylist, you will have the opportunity to impact one of the most important and transformative moments in a person’s life.
What You’ll Do
- Own the product strategy and deliver the roadmap for our product’s core business logic and third-party integrations
- Hire and lead a team of PMs to support the growth of our technical platform
- Collaborate cross-functionally with exceptional teams including Business Operations, Supply Chain, Inventory, Finance, and Engineering to understand opportunities to scale and drive efficiencies throughout our tech ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to shape the future of our internal products and how we leverage the 3rd party platforms we rely on.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and documentation of internal and external system functionality, customizations, and integrations, and proactively identify opportunities for process and workflow improvements.
Who you are
- You have 4-6 years of product management or related experience, previous work in operations, ecommerce, retail or internal tools is a must.
- You are able to synthesize complex internal needs across the company while considering customer value and future growth. And be able to ruthlessly prioritize to get the right things done.
- You have experience with systems integration, data flow, APIs and automation of manual processes and can write basic SQL queries.
- You are comfortable leveraging your expertise to jump in and do whatever necessary to achieve your objectives
- Have demonstrated a deep empathy for users and their experience with every aspect of your products
- You’ve done hard things.
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We’re passionate about our users and put them at the center of everything we do. We are dedicated to making a real impact at a critical point in people’s lives
- We are growing at an incredible, yet sustainable pace. We’ve been profitable consistently over the past 5 years and have grown our revenue 10x over the past 3 years
- We are a product and technology-driven business
- We deeply invest in our team. We believe in ownership and autonomy, setting intentional career paths, work life balance and we trust our teams to know how to do their best work. We’re a startup for grown-ups!
- Flexibility: Work from home or choose to come into the office
- Home office stipend for new employees
- Internet and phone reimbursement
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision coverage for employees, and 50% for dependents
- FSA Medical and Dependent Care options
Flexible, paid parental leave policy
We work at a sustainable pace; in general we don’t work late or on weekends
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby gift registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store to their registry, including products Babylist directly sells, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals, which they can’t buy in stores. The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry with us annually. This year, 10M loved ones will give the perfect gift using Babylist.