COVID Update – We are actively hiring for this position and have been operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States since FireHydrant started. We anticipate a future where we will be able to periodically gather as a company again, but we put the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.
FireHydrant helps companies recover from IT disasters more quickly. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, Retrospectives, and Deploy Events so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series A company with around 35 employees who sit across the United States and we’re growing.
About the Role
We’re looking for our first Senior Technical Recruiter to help continue to find the right people to join the FireHydrant team. Our goal is to build FireHydrant to be a company that represents our users who live around the world and have a variety of appearances, experiences and viewpoints. This role will help us continue to live up to those standards and work, in step, with hiring managers to build a team where everyone can feel included and able to do the work they enjoy.
In this role you’ll partner directly with leadership and existing teams to understand the needs of the business and the gaps on the teams. You’ll bring your expertise in both technical hiring and building safe spaces to create and shape the current processes and hiring practices.
If you thrive on ownership and working creatively and collaboratively with teammates to make great hires, this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement fair and unbiased hiring strategies
- Source candidates to ensure we are building a diverse applicant pool and speak up (and offer suggestions) if you see processes that impede our ability to hire diversely
- Manage hiring workflows with our teams (job kickoffs, building panels, scorecards, etc) and in Greenhouse
- Be a full desk recruiter – sourcing to closing candidates
- Manage candidates through the entire interview process – as the first recruiting hire, there will be a coordinator component until the team expands
- Build trusting relationships with candidates and help them understand the opportunities at FireHydrant
- Nurture a positive interview experience for all candidates (even the ones who don’t get the job)
- Build recruiting metrics and share them with leadership
- Be a strategic advisor to the business
- Develop interview processes for new roles – partner with hiring managers on job postings, interviewee selection and support
- Be a champion for candidates
What you’ll bring
- An understanding of the importance of treating all candidates with respect through communication and kindness
- Expertise in technical recruiting (engineering and product) – you’ve been doing this for 4+ years
- The desire to build something special – this team is growing and as the first recruiting hire, you’ll play a huge part in it’s growth
- A strategic mindset – you want to work with hiring managers to build out a talent strategy
- A love for documentation – you believe an integral part of creating fair processes is writing them down and making them available to others. You lead by example in documenting processes and policies to support the growth of FireHydrant
- Emotional intelligence
- Sourcing experience – you understand how to source candidates and make them feel special, not just another number in process
- An advocacy mindset -you keep yourself up to date on inclusive hiring practices and only want to work somewhere that you can build a diverse team
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with engineers around the US, our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, GitHub pull requests, Notion, and Clubhouse
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance; we’re early stage but work reasonable hours and want you to use your vacation time
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per year
- Wellness program: reimbursements for your gym membership, athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc.
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc.
- Home office stipend for remote employees
- 401k match