Senior Traffic Coordinator – Brand Creative
The Brand Creative team at WM Technology articulates and brings to life who we are as a brand and the value our products offer through various communication touch points. We are on a mission to build a best-in-class design organization that supports all functions of our business ecosystem. We’re looking for a Traffic Coordinator to join our Brand Creative team that sits within our larger design organization, WM Design. You are enthusiastic about everything design, organization, and a process fanatic! You’ll partner with brand and project managers, writers, producers, photographers, videographers and work hand in hand to help craft best-in-class creative for Weedmaps and WM Business.
As a Sr. Traffic Coordinator, you are responsible for managing project workflow, scheduling, trafficking, and fostering partner relationships that enable the Brand Creative team to continue its success in delivering high quality work for WM Technology, the parent company of Weedmaps & WM Business.
Our ideal candidate is a guru when it comes to identifying project objectives, resolving unanticipated issues independently, and isn’t afraid to push back on timelines or creative briefs that aren’t complete. Must be self-motivated with the ability to multi-task many projects simultaneously and work effectively within a fast-paced environment and industry.
This role will collaborate with Creative individuals of various levels and disciplines. You will quickly build and foster strong relationships with team members from our Brand, Lifestyle, PM, Marketing Ops, and Government/Investor Relation groups. A successful candidate is a highly motivated individual who thrives under pressure in a fast-paced environment and disruptive industry.
The impact you’ll make:
- Ability to assess, refine, and poke holes in creative briefs that are inbound from partner groups.
- Update and track schedules for each request and maintain clear and accurate communication with team members to assure priorities and schedule status is on track.
- Own Process and inform requestors and designers of any necessary deadlines for submitting materials to ensure the project is completed per agreed-upon timeframe.
- Collaborate and receive direction from the Director of Brand Creative & Art Director to ensure design team is staying organized and working as efficiently as possible.
- Able to work autonomously with internal partners and correspond with external vendors/clients to gather information applicable to execute deliverables.
- Creating original graphic asset packages for partners, product/industry education, and internal initiatives.
- Work closely with internal Print Production and Vendor Pre-Press groups to ensure the highest quality output of materials.
- Maintain digital asset organization with proper file naming and organization for upload and archiving by ensuring metadata tags and proper file structure are maintained.
- Stay up to date with new image editing techniques, software, and tools.
- Exhibit excellent team collaboration skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume production environment.
- Experience with batch actions and scripts for processing large volumes of work.
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to meet quick turnaround times.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience working within an in-house or agency creative environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar Professional Certificate.
- Strong understanding of Project management tools such as Jira, Asana, Monday, or the like.
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Lightroom, etc.
- A basic understanding of the marketing and advertising landscape. Cannabis industry is a plus.
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to take direction and execute accordingly.
- Pro-active self-starter and a “can do” problem solver who thrives on hard challenges in a fast-paced environment, but can take direction and work well within a small team.
- Experience receiving creative briefs and identifying blockers.
- Energetic individual who strives to be a positive influence on peer group and cross-functional team.
- Pro-active self-starter and problem solver who thrives on challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Digital Asset Management Systems.
- Relative knowledge of creative design and production workflow (Print & Digital).
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.