Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join our world-class team. Sitting at the cross-section between art, engineering, and game design, VFX are the glue that holds our games together. Join us and help bring revolutionary new visuals and gameplay to the industry.
What You’ll Do
- Build visual effects using UE5’s Cascade or Niagara editor, the Material editor, and the Blueprints system
- Brainstorm effects with engineers and directors
- Work with the art director to design spells, environmental effects, and sci-fi effects
- Work directly on the project to help implement effects in-game
- Build models and create textures for visual effects, as needed
- Optimize VFX to improve the frame rate
What You’ll Bring
- Video portfolio demonstrating capabilities
- Shipped one or more games on PC or Console
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong sense of visual aesthetic
- Works well in a team, welcomes feedback from others
- Avid Gamer, with a passion for PC and Console Multiplayer games
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience in another game development discipline ie: illustration, level/character art, programming, animation, etc.
- Development experience on Switch, PlayStation 4 and/or Xbox One
- Experience as a team or group lead
*Please include a link to your portfolio/reel in the ‘Cover Letter’ portion of your application.
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.