The SVP, Head of Accounting, and Treasurer is an essential role in scaling the accounting and treasury function at Olo, as a newly publicly traded company. You will assume the responsibility of leading Olo’s accounting, tax, treasury, and external financial reporting functions, ensuring accurate financial statement preparation and external financial reporting (10-Qs, 10-Ks, and related SEC filings), and the maintenance of an effective control environment and business processes across the enterprise. You will oversee the daily accounting activities of the organization, ensuring consistent adherence to Olo’s accounting policies and US GAAP. You will maintain operational responsibilities for all core financial business processes (OTC, P2P, etc) and direct oversight of the 3rd party service providers.
The SVP, Head of Accounting, and Treasurer oversees all annual audits, quarterly reviews and maintains a strong working relationship with the external auditors, Audit Committee, and cross-functional leaders across Sales, Legal, People & Culture, and Operations amongst others. Finally, you will lead a dispersed team while playing an important role on the Finance and Senior Leadership Teams.
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer and can work remotely anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd Floor of One World Trade Center
What You’ll Do
- Optimize and maintain essential accounting and business processes, such as order-to-cash, procure-to pay, payroll, etc
- Maintain oversight of accounting and financial systems such as financial reporting, payroll administration, equity administration, and others, ensuring efficient processes across systems
- Lead role in execution and integration efforts for any M&A transactions
- Partner with Internal Audit in instituting and maintaining an effective Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program
- Assist with the annual SOX audit in coordination with Internal and External auditors
- Participate in Olo’s Risk Committee, identifying and mitigating financial and accounting risks for the organization
- Oversee the tax function of the organization, ensuring direct and indirect tax compliance through a combination of internal and external support; Design and implement an international tax strategy
- Manage financial reporting and compliance both internally and externally as the Company expands its global footprint
- Manage multiple third-party compliance requirements, such as debt facility covenant report, letter of credits, etc.
- Manage annual financial statement and internal control audits in coordination with external auditors
- Improve processes associated with the audit to increase speed to completion and minimize cost
- Oversee and ensure accurate SEC financial reporting, inclusive of 10-Qs, 10-Ks, etc.
- Manage the quarterly review process in coordination with the external auditors
- Work with FP&A function to ensure future projections reflect proper accounting treatment; and
- Own and ensure accurate financial reporting to various business/cost center owners throughout the company
- Work with internal partners including Legal and Investor Relations on all SEC reporting matters
- Ensure maintenance and implementation of all technical guidelines (including authoring technical accounting memos) and adherence to Olo’s accounting policy and US GAAP
- Focus areas of technical accounting expertise should include revenue recognition, business combinations, stock-based compensation and consolidations, as applicable
- Key role in the review of potential M&A transactions, new or amended contractual relationships and new business offerings (e.g. Olo Pay) through the lens of the correct accounting treatment
- Help manage our treasury needs, including proper allocation of capital in accordance with our financial projections and investment policy
- Be the point of contact for all of Olo’s banking relationships
What We Expect From You
- Active CPA license, Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 15+ years of related experience, with demonstrated experience leading global accounting functions and SEC reporting teams at a public company
- Experience leading operational accounting teams, ideally in a high-growth international SaaS environment
- Demonstrated capabilities in assessing processes, identifying complexities/weaknesses and designing and implementing solutions that create increased productivity and efficiency
- Technical accounting proficiency across US GAAP as outlined above and IFRS
- You have experience developing talent, inspiring and motivating teammates and achieving results
- Collaborative cross-functional partner with strong business and operational acumen
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!