NerdWallet’s Brand Studio team is looking for a skilled Senior Brand Designer to be a strategic design partner for a consumer-first company. As a member of Brand Studio, you will ideate, design and execute creative solutions that align with NerdWallet’s roadmap. With a start-up mindset and your full range of skills in graphic design, let’s push the boundaries of what’s possible to grow and extend the NerdWallet brand. On Brand Studio, we develop and defend our brand expression, build the creative for our advertising campaigns, integrated and product marketing channels, our CRM program, content experiences, and our internal brand.
Your center of excellence should be design and creative development for digital, video, and print as this role will support internal and corporate communications for our executive, marketing, people ops, and finance teams. This role will regularly partner closely with leadership and will have the opportunity to influence and establish our communications program.
We hope that you are excited by the opportunity to bring meaningful change to the world of FinTech with innovative design that informs, delights, and engages.
Where you can make an impact:
- Work closely with other Brand Studio leads and designers to craft engaging concepts and design for our internal and corporate communications program — including landing pages, CRM, social, and video assets.
- Partner with our executives, marketing, people ops, and finance teams to bring creative to life while meeting brand and business objectives.
- Evolve and inspire the NerdWallet brand within the Brand Studio Team and the company at large.
- Talented: An outstanding designer with a jaw-dropping portfolio that demonstrates your ability to create inspiring creative solutions. You have a demonstrated track record of working on projects from development, through execution, and to success.
- Visionary: A big thinker – not one to shy away from complex challenges that require new thinking and a willingness to take chances. You have in-depth knowledge of innovative trends and technologies in the marketing and communications space that you share with the design team to influence and elevate.
- Strategic: As a creative problem solver, you contribute innovative ideas that build on data and analytics in order to meet business goals.
- Insightful: You are able to articulate design decisions. You can effectively communicate your ideas to other designers and stakeholders through strong oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible: In a fast-paced, dynamic working environment, you can handle quick feedback loops and be nimble in jumping from working on internal projects to campaigns.
- Collaborative: You have experience partnering cross-functionally from kick-off to delivery in order to create best in class creative executions.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of applied design experience, in-house or agency
- An expert in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Experience concepting and executing on creative video projects
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Photography and Illustration chops
- Working knowledge of Motion Graphics and Interaction Design as well as past program management in JIRA is a plus
Your portfolio features:
- Excellent graphic design skills (layout, typography, color)
- Innovative and thoughtful brand executions
- Strong UX and design principles
- Video and social executions
- Cross-functional and high performing creative
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.