Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the US, we are excited to welcome an SEO Manager to be a critical part of our Content Marketing team.
At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow,” as we seek to continually reflect on our efforts, learn from others inside and outside of our company, and find opportunities to learn how we can improve our results and work more efficiently as a team. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance for all teammates, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize life and work are increasingly intertwined more than ever.
Are you both data-driven and creative? In this role, you will own the SEO strategy and drive its implementation, including technical SEO for the marketing site and optimization of new and existing content. You will work with members of the larger Marketing team to ensure that all of Guru’s public-facing web properties are well-positioned for organic growth. You should also be able to write SEO-relevant content while aligning with our brand voice.
- Define longterm SEO and information architecture roadmaps
- Partner with our web engineers to prioritize and implement technical SEO optimizations
- Proactively drive content expansion strategy, including ongoing keyword research to capture new demand, improve existing content, and expand our reach
- Manage relationship with external SEO agency
- Work with Content, Brand, and Product Marketing teams to test and optimize page content, meta descriptions, titles, internal links, structured data markup, and more within brand guidelines.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, ideally in a SaaS and/or B2B environment
- Proven experience with search engine optimization, both technical and content ownership
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally
- Experience managing agencies
- Complete understanding of SEO strategies, search term research, site audit, link building, keyword targeting, and technical obstacles that would hinder search engine bot crawling and indexing.
- Expertise with keyword research (we use Ahrefs) and content optimization (we use Clearscope) tools, as well as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Google Optimize.
- Bonus: experience with HTML, CSS, JS, etc.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.