This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
SMILE DIGITAL HEALTH IS A POWERFUL AND FLEXIBLE PLATFORM
Smile Digital Health is a health technology company that reduces barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume healthcare services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured inaccessible or complex information systems.
Our clinical data repository is built around the HL7 FHIR standard for storing health records. It includes out-of-the-box enterprise-grade capabilities for terminology, security, audit and compliance, Lucene-based search, HL7 v2 to FHIR conversion, and more. It supports all FHIR resource types, the complete REST API, versioning, soft deletes, and other valuable features. Our partnerships include enterprises, research organizations, application developers, consultants, and integrators.
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will provide service to Help Desk service tickets. As a Tier 1 role, you are responsible for supporting basic-level investigations by re-creating issues to assess the validity of the service call or issue and by communicating with clients to provide the escalation teams with the minimal information required to resolve. The position will include after-hours support and will also require a 24-hour on-call rotation for the support desk.
- Answer incoming help desk calls and receives incident tickets and service requests.
- Troubleshoot the problem, replicate the issue in the CDR environment and refer to knowledge articles as required.
- Record client interactions and proactively communicate status to end users.
- Support a wide range of issues, such as installation problems and issues with any Smile CDR modules.
- Respond within required timelines and adhere to policies, processes and delivery standards.
- Provide support to clients and our internal technical teams to help diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve application and related integration issues.
- Collaborate with other teams involved in customer service to identify client opportunities and assist in resolving tickets to maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Gather user requirements to confirm issues and to address or understand service requests for system changes.
- Collaborate with the DevOps and Product Teams for managed services tickets and feature requests.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key colleagues, including; management, project managers, the development team, the help desk and end-users.
- Implement corrective action plans to address issues and problems with applications and related integrations.
- Support Knowledge Management in the preparation and maintenance of user manuals and support documentation when requested.
- Documents all interactions with clients via standard incident and request tracking tools.
- 1+ year of service-help desk experience supporting technical systems, preferably in a healthcare IT support environment.
- Service help desk experience providing phone and email support to customers with technologically complex requests.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira & Confluence).
- Basic programming knowledge in Java is beneficial to assist with customer support and troubleshooting, along with familiarity with the software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated a high level of responsiveness and a strong customer focus.
- A technical diploma or degree is preferred.
- Excellent at building positive rapport with team members, customers/users, or other colleagues.
- Ability to apply logical thinking to information gathering.
- Availability to work on-call for a week every 5-6 weeks.
Smile Digital Health’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have questions during the application or interview process.