Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
As an Elastic Service Delivery Manager, you will work with the Consulting Services team to service our global customer base on billable projects. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies, startups, government entities, and nonprofits researching some of the world’s most interesting and complex search problems, and our consulting team assists our customers in the use of our products towards these efforts.
The Service Delivery Manager will be a customer-facing role responsible for developing new business in the region, meeting financial targets, and building strong relationships both within Elastic and with our customers and partners. You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering, and sales team and wear many hats.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for delivery of professional services and development of new customer projects in the AMER Public Sector segment
- Overseeing professional services management duties including hiring, team leadership, project scoping, P&L margin, and reporting
- Liaising closely with the Elastic sales, finance, legal and engineering teams to scope opportunities while assessing risks, questions, or concerns
- Accountability for hitting Services bookings and revenue targets within the Americas region
- Demonstrating strong customer-facing communications skills such as meeting presentation (video/audio conferencing and in-person), customer advocacy, partner development, and relationship building
- Utilizing strong organizational and analytical skills for managing a Professional Services Automation (“PSA”) application, meeting business and utilization targets, and calendar management
- Excelling at consulting workflow including financial planning, business and legal negotiations, project oversight, and significant multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with high-quality expectations
- Leading highly distributed Consulting Services team and partners, and flexible to work with global customers across many time zones
- Innovating, presenting, mentoring, and documenting on consulting methodology and process
What You Bring Along:
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in relevant professional services, pre-sales, or software development functions
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to technology
- Experience supporting Public Sector customer engagements
- Ability to communicate effectively in the technology domain of search, analytics, or related technologies
- Track record of success in professional services or related technology fields
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Business/Economics, Computer Science, or related discipline, or comparable certification and experience
- Understanding of our technology space, including Elasticsearch, Linux, Java, software development, NoSQL, and/or databases
- Experience working as a billable consultant or project manager is valuable for empathy and understanding
- Passion for open-source technology and business mode
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.