What you will be doing:
- Partnering with engineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability, performance, monitoring, and alerting.
- Educating & empowering software engineers to think operationally when designing services and to operate what they build.
- Developing software to automate the manual work required to keep a SaaS offering highly available, scalable, and resilient to the vagaries of the Internet and frequent deploys.
- Developing and maintaining methodologies of iteratively deploying Instructure’s cloud-based architecture.
- Building resilient and self-scaling systems so that you can sleep through the night.
- This is an exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud automation and gain hands on experience developing software with AWS.
What we look for:
- Experience managing a 24/7 SaaS with amazing uptime.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Programming experience in at least one modern programming language (for example, Ruby, Node, or Go.
- Experience with Containers; Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Deep understanding of configuration management, automation, and infrastructure-as-code tools (for example, Ansible, Terraform, Salt, or Puppet).
- CI/CD exposure – Jenkins, Git/Gerrit, etc.
- Open, team-oriented, and with a broad range of skills and interests.
- MS/B in Computer Science or applicable development camp cert. preferred, but not required.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment