We are looking for people based in: UK, Ireland, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Spain, east coast USA
We are a fully-remote team building a serverless database service. Our service offers automatic scaling, branches, zero-downtime migrations, ACID transactions, a built-in search engine, analytics, and more. These features are compounded by an excellent developer experience provided by lightweight type-safe SDKs, a CLI tool, an intuitive and powerful UI, as well as integrations with platforms like Vercel and Netlify.
- We define products collaboratively. The innovations in our product are a result of combining and polishing ideas from a diverse and inclusive team.
- We encourage everyone to take initiative and lead by example.
- We dogfood our product at every opportunity.
- We are community-driven and deeply care about the success of our users and customers.
- We all work remotely, usually from home, and we meet in person a couple of times per year in a nice location. We have employees in Germany, Spain, Belgium, the US, Sweden, UK, Hungary.
Having founders with management experience from Elastic, Xata is well-financed by amazing investors, including Guillermo Rauch (founder of Vercel), Shay Banon (co-founder and CEO of Elastic), Neha Narkhede (founder of Confluent), Elad Gil, Christian Bach, and Mathias Biilmann (founders of Netlify), and many others.
We care about work-life balance
Even though we are a small team and an early-stage startup, we are well-financed and with a very long runaway. This allows us to think long-term, both in terms of strategy and building a healthy company culture. We know that in order to build a lasting company, we need to think like we are in a marathon, not a sprint.
We don’t track hours and we don’t count PRs. We evaluate productivity and quality over a 3-4 months period. All roles come with 30 PTO days
We care about diversity in tech
If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We are challenging ourselves to build a healthy culture that allows us to build innovative and successful products.
Our founder, Monica Sarbu, founded a non-profit organisation called Tupu that helps tech companies support diversity in tech through mentorship.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the backend team to architect services that are highly scalable and observable.
- Set up infrastructure and configuration as code. We use Pulumi (using Go) for configuration as code.
- Set up and maintain observability and monitoring stack, as well as our deployment pipelines.
- The on-call load is shared between the SRE and the backend team.
- Share your experience at conferences or blog posts if interested.
- Experience in a previous similar role
- Very good knowledge of the services offered by at least one of the major public cloud providers
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with observability tools and incident management
Nice to haves:
- Deep experience with operating database products, either SQL or NoSQL
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Friendly and diverse work environment
- Flexible schedule, work from anywhere you are productive
- Budget for laptop + monitor
- Co-working space stipend
- 30 vacation days
- 2 months full paid parental leave
About our investors
We raised Series A from top investors (Index Ventures and Redpoint), having the first ever 100% female board for such a technical company.
We are proud to have in the board:
We are featured in