Qualio is on a mission to empower life science teams to launch and scale life-saving products. We’re doing that by building a connected and integrated quality management platform for the entire life science ecosystem. Qualio is trusted by 100s of highly regulated international customers, ranging from the bleeding edge of computational biology and machine learning to household names in mRNA vaccine development. We’re growing rapidly, and in 2021 we saw 132% year-on-year revenue growth.
The Qualio team is an all-remote, globally distributed workforce with teammates in over ten countries.
What’s the opportunity?
At Qualio, you will be able to make a difference by helping to bring life-saving medicines to market faster. You will shape the core of our native cloud infrastructure and use cutting-edge technologies to deliver a world-class SaaS platform.
What will I be doing?
Site Reliability Engineers at Qualio have a breadth of knowledge encompassing all aspects of service delivery. They develop solutions to enhance, harden and support systems reliability and developer velocity. This can include building and managing deployment pipelines, automated testing, capacity planning, performance analysis, security, monitoring and alerting, chaos engineering and auto remediation.
Site Reliability Engineers must have a passion for learning and evolving with current technology trends. They strive to innovate and are relentless in their pursuit of a flawless customer experience. They have an “automate everything” mindset and follow Site Reliability Engineering best practices, helping our company deploy services with incredible speed, consistency and availability.
- Champion automation to reduce toil and increase developer velocity
- Define and implement availability, performance, and security standards working closely with engineering and business leaders
- Support complex cloud native infrastructure projects and other technology initiatives supporting our business priorities while ensuring standards, frameworks, and security requirements are met
- Engage with development and quality teams to create, and update policies, standards, and procedures, developing creative solutions, clarifying them when questions arise and tracking risk acceptance
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Assess the needs of a system or team and make a case for prioritization of that work.
- Help define and implement Service-Level Objectives and Indicators to ensure highly reliable systems
What skills do I need?
- Prior experience with containerization, security processes, standards, and strategies
- Experience working with AWS services including EC2, RDS, Lambda, CloudFormation, DynamoDB (DDB), SNS/SQS, CloudWatch, Elasticache
- Strong network fundamentals and web/cloud security themes including TLS cert management, security group configuration and VPC management best practices
- Kindness. Collaboration skills. Willing to celebrate others
- Incident response and management
- Cloud native container management tools: Docker, ECS, Kubernetes/EKS, service mesh, Ingress controllers
- Observability/metrics experience
- Configuration management tool proficiency (Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible)
- Proxies and load balancing (Nginx, Kong, HAProxy, ALB/NLB)
- Experience with release management, testing, and CI/CD pipelines
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401k
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Dependent & Health FSA, Short/Long Term Disability, Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Company allowance for home office supplies
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Opportunity to make a difference through helping life-saving products get to market
A note to candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
#LI-RB1 #LI-Remote #Qualio_ET #Qualtio_CT