Eventbrite’s business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Site Reliability Engineer 2, you will be part of a team that ensures that the Eventbrite platform runs efficiently, securely, and at scale.
We’re a people-focused Engineering organization: the people on our team value working together in small teams to solve significant problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans the web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
As a Site Reliability Engineer 2, you’ll have an opportunity to work alongside our SRE team that supports the Eventbrite platform. You will embrace the SRE model, and work with other senior leaders on the team to modernize our tech stack.
Typical activities will include:
- You will use tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Puppet, etc. to automate infrastructure provisioning Troubleshooting production issues and identifying root causes.
- You will identify and execute on opportunities to optimize existing systems, improve infrastructure, and eliminate work through automation.
- Automate manual tasks required for support of the Eventbrite platform.
- You’ll be working closely with AWS, to containerize applications and provision infrastructure.
- Partner closely with the Security team to ensure that Eventbrite’s systems, services and data are protected.
THE TECH STACK
Our primary stack is Python and Django based microservices, running on AWS with MySQL backends. Some of the other tools that we use heavily are Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Git, and an endless supply of coffee.
THE SKILL SET
- 2+ years of DevOps or SRE experience.
- Experience with AWS and cloud architectures/services
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with infrastructure provisioning tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or others.
- Experience enabling CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Gitlab, or others.
- Understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others.
- Familiarity with Hashicorp suite (Consul, Nomad, and Vault).
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
Since Eventbrite went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2018, all employees are granted a RSU plan (Restricted Stock Units). The earning of these stocks occur through periodical vestings and the best part is that it is deposited in your bank account in USD
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.