Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you’ll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
One of Doximity’s core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don’t fit a mold, join us!
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
- You have a background in web development (preferably Ruby on Rails)
- You are interested in performance related problems and designing resilient systems
- You want to become highly proficient in relational and non relational data stores
- You understand the core features of cloud providers (preferably with an understanding of how to define infrastructure as code with a tool such as Terraform)
- You enjoy collaborating with others to write excellent software and to resolve production incidents
- Improve the performance and scalability of services
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack; ingress, application, network, databases etc
- Manage infrastructure using Terraform and Kubernetes
- Create concise postmortems in the event of an outage
- Write and maintain run-books for other engineers to leverage
- Ensure proper monitoring, alerting, and dashboarding for applications you support
- Collaborate with other engineers to make sound infrastructure decisions, improve workflow, and deploy applications ready for production
- Participate in an on-call rotation (great ratio of time on call vs off call)
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 85 times per day
- We have over 500 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we’re currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, generous paternity and maternity leave, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 80% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.