Eventbrite is seeking Intern Site Reliability Engineers to join us in our mission to bring the world together through live experiences. Last year alone, our platform processed over 150 million tickets across over 3 million events organized by our creators. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that ensures that the Eventbrite platform runs efficiently, securely and at scale.
We’re a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and committing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open-source software. Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
We seek Site Reliability Engineers who are passionate about their craft to join our engineering team in Spain, although we’re remote-friendly. We’re currently through a transition to a pure DevOps culture. We strive for teams completely autonomous and with full ownership of their services and roadmaps and the SRE Team is instrumental to enable this transition
As an Intern you’ll have an opportunity to work alongside our SRE Team embracing the SRE model, and work with other engineers to modernize our tech stack and tools. Typical activities will include:
– Using tools like Terraform to automate infrastructure provisioning
– Working closely with AWS technologies, to containerize applications and provision infrastructure
– Identifying and executing opportunities to optimize existing systems, improving tools and infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation
– Partnering closely with the Security team to ensure that Eventbrite’s systems, services and data are protected
THE SKILL SET
- Interest in embracing the DevOps or the SRE model
- Linux fundamentals
- Academic or professional exposure to AWS and cloud architectures/services
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools like Terraform
- Understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns and ability to code
- Familiarity with version control systems like git or GitHub
- Passion to learn and share your knowledge with others.
- English and Spanish conversational to advanced level.
- Monitoring fundamentals and familiarity with tools like DataDog or Icinga/Nagios
- CI/CD fundamentals and familiarity enabling CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, or others
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.