Kentik is the network observability company. Many of the world’s most recognizable brands
rely on our SaaS platform to make sense of their networks, relying on our infinite granularity, automated insights, and insanely fast search to answer key business questions. Our rapidly growing, geographically distributed engineering team builds state-of-the-art products that are supported by a truly big data platform that processes trillions(!!) of records per day. To this end, our engineering culture emphasizes collaborative communication, openness to ideas, and practical solution design. To find out more, read our blog
and follow us @kentikinc
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We are committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging and is represented at Kentik. We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status.
About the role
Kentik, the leading Network Analytics platform, is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join its SRE team. The SRE team is responsible for architecting, building, monitoring and maintaining the infrastructure and services that the Kentik platform runs on top of.
We operate a well-organized, well-instrumented platform, with an emphasis on results rather than process. We’re expanding fast and offer enormous opportunities for employee growth.
We’re looking for a seasoned, self-driven SRE with an eye for detail, ability to collaborate in a global company, ready to take Kentik to the next level by utilizing their experience and knowledge.
Due to our oncall schedule (follow-the-sun), working hours in North American time zones is a requirement for this position.
You may be a good fit if you have
- 4+ years of relevant SRE experience. Ideally, you’ve worked in a microservices environment in the past and feel comfortable working with complex architectures.
- Communication: Kentik is a remote-first company, so we’re looking for a team player who is able to collaborate in an asynchronous environment via tools such as Email, Google Docs, Slack, Zoom, and Git.
- HTTP experience: You know what TLS, nginx, HAProxy, or HTTP headers are.
- Networking experience: Terms such as routes and iptables sound familiar.
- An urge to document code, processes, and infrastructure in runbooks and wikis.
- Infrastructure as code sounds like a good idea.
- A preference to automate your way out of tedious and repetitive tasks – toil is bad.
- Some familiarity with coding in Python, Ruby, or Go, while using Git to record your changes.
- Experience with cloud architectures and technologies.
The list is not exhaustive or in any way a checklist; we’ll be happy to hear about any other skills or experience you may have!
Healthcare and Leave*
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Maternity/Paternity leave, medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
* Benefits are as listed for US employees. Local health insurance coverage and similar benefits are provided for employees outside of the US.
Come work with us
We promise it will be worth it! You will be working at a fast-growing, well-funded startup, alongside world-class engineers and thought leaders as we build the future of network observability and digital operations. With a competitive salary and first-rate benefits on top of meaningful, challenging projects, we’re sure you will enjoy joining our team!