Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights lets clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 when we secured series A funding from venture firms such as Innovation Endeavors, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of ~30 employees with offices in San Francisco, CA and Overland Park, KS.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
The engineering team currently spans the heavy lifting of machine learning modeling with data pipeline processing to the application code/web client and the infrastructure required to deploy it to our customers. Most of the engineering team is based in San Francisco, but we work with cross-functional teams in Kansas City and New York and customers across North America.
- Work through all stages of a data solution life cycle: analyze/profile data, create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs, derive reporting and analytics solutions.
- Apply a high-quality bar to the decisions you make on fundamental data structures, algorithms, and third-party technology choices.
- Promote a metrics-based software development culture of quality, collaboration, rapid delivery
- Design solutions that are enterprise scalable and maintainable.
- Determine overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards and ensure architectural alignment across multiple systems and implementations.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in all phases of a project from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery.
- Provide input into long-range product requirements, best practices, and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability.
- Lead project scoping, roadmap, and architecture discussions with business stakeholders and Infrastructure leadership.
- Technologies: bigquery, dask, kubernetes, prefect, clickhouse,
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least 7 years of experience making core architecture and design decisions.
- You are a strategic thinker as it relates to scale and removing humans from the loop.
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans.
- Empathy. You are curious and eager to learn more about our users and understand their needs.
- Balance. You weigh speed and quality carefully and understand the tradeoffs.
- A collaborative approach to problem solving. You’ve worked with cross functional teams before and you enjoy the process.
- Active participation. You jump in and actively engage with the team and customers to build products people use.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity. Things get blurry, but you persevere to find clarity and communicate effectively with your teammates to ensure clarity for all.
- Passion. You are driven to improve the quality of life in urban environments.
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning.
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact.
- Equity at an early stage startup.
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and HSA option.
- 401k account + employer contribution.
- Offices in San Francisco, CA and Overland Park, KS.
- Flexible PTO.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.