Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
As the Software Development Engineer – Python Developer for the AMP team, you are a highly skilled and enthusiastic programmer. You are experienced in writing software for a high throughput production system on AWS cloud infrastructure. You are diligent, keen to learning new technologies, and looking to contribute and collaborate with top engineers to enable automated driving through the new technology of high-definition mapping.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will create and improve software services to serve world-scale high-definition map data to autonomous vehicle application developers
- You will maintain and help troubleshoot the map database and delivery service at national, regional, and global scale
- You will collaborate with machine learning engineers to deploy and optimize algorithms and pipelines using modern cloud and GPU technologies
- You will design, build and maintain scalable APIs for consuming mapping and event data.
- You will work closely with engineers in cross-functional teams to resolve issues related to quality, cost, time, and responsibility
- You will educate those around you to the ways of good coding practices
We’d love to hear from you (required) if:
- You have a Degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 5 years work experience (or equivalent experience/training)
- You have software development experience in Python
- You are experienced with AWS or other cloud systems
- You have worked with Docker and/or Kubernetes application development and deployment
- You bring experience in developing data management systems and applications
- You have experience with implementing unit and end-to-end testing
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You are keen to learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- You are able to work independently, proactively to find solutions and work with cross-functional teams
- You have experience developing, deploying, and monitoring microservices
- You have experience with multiple database systems such as PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- You have experience in product development using Machine Learning and Image Processing technologies
- You have experience in creating a machine learning product (Deploy model, MLOps, etc.)
- You have experience integrating with CI tools programmatically, such as CircleCI, Jenkins, Semaphore or GitLab
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum and typical agile tools (Git, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
Benefits & Perks: We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for birthing mothers | 18 weeks for non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
*This position is open to US-remote candidates with a strong preference to those residing in the greater Seattle, San Francisco or NYC areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. Furthermore, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.