***YOU MUST BE A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES, HAVE YOUR GREEN CARD OR LONG TERM VISA TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION***
YOU CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US FOR THIS POSITION.
ARE YOU READY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FUTURE OF HOW LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN COMPANIES INCLUDING 3PLS, DIGITAL FORWARDERS, SHIPPERS AND SAAS PROVIDERS INTEGRATE WITH TRADING PARTNERS?
Chain.io is one of the fastest growing software companies in the Philadelphia region and has developed an industry leading serverless logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Digital Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers.
Our expert technology team of supply chain experts has spent decades learning industry best practices inside logistics, retail and software companies to build the ideal solution for our clients.
Chain.io enables their clients to connect their ERP, TMS, WMS, BI platform or other disparate systems and handles communication with the world. Whether our customers communicate using legacy EDI, flat files, XML or the latest and greatest JSON APIs, Chain.io has a solution.
Once a client is connected to the platform, they have access to best practice based integration solutions for sharing purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents and invoices. Chain.io handles all the complexity of transforming messages to trading partners’ preferred formats.
Chain.io Technology Stack Overview
Chain.io uses the latest serverless cloud technologies to build integrations faster. Those technologies are built into our three core application layers: Flow, Hub, and Vault and are built using AWS Lambda, Node, Jest, CircleCI, React, Terraform, and other technologies.
- Flow allows you to quickly and efficiently communicate fast moving data between multiple internal and external systems.
- With an event based architecture and the same data integrity protections that apply to Hub, Flow is all about getting data to the right people in the right format at the right time.
- Flow is the ideal solution for things like Advanced Shipment Notices, Inventory updates, IOT data streams, Shipment status updates, eCommerce orders and deliveries.
This role is a manager position providing leadership and technical mentorship to a team of developers working on building a global integration platform for managing complex supply chain orchestration challenges. While primarily a management role, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in technical architecture and product roadmap decisions on a daily basis. You will apply software engineering best practices and principles to deliver high quality, maintainable, reliable, performant, and scalable software on schedule and on budget.
- Provide technical mentorship and act an architect for the team doing tasks like code reviews.
- Encourage a disciplined development methodology including Infrastructure as Code, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- Lead the technical design, vision and implementation strategy for major services and components of software products.
- Ensure that development projects are prioritized, scheduled, and completed according to business needs.
- Participate, end to end, in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, planning, development, testing, and implementation.
- Adapt to rapidly evolving business needs and requirements, including customer facing planning and collaboration.
- Constantly look for ways to cultivate, direct, guide, and nurture the members of your team to help them attain personal goals while providing sustainable and significant business value.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams of 10+ people in custom development, evaluating, selecting, integrating and implementing application software (package) solutions when appropriate.
- Experience with microservice and FaaS (AWS Lambda) principles at scale.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor and motivate a team.
- 5+ years leading/supervising multiple IT projects through the full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including prior work defining complex application architecture and integration with multi-tiered systems.
- 5+ years of experience with cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Good communication and collaboration skills; comfortable discussing projects with anyone from end users up to the executive company leadership.
- Supply chain background is a plus but not required.
- A comprehensive understanding of software craftsmanship ideals – clean code principles, unit testing fundamentals, design pattern selection and application, architectural pattern selection and application.
- Experience in a fast growing B2B SAAS company background is ideal.
- Strong experience in managing multiple projects/programs.
Process for Interviewing
- Please submit your resume by clicking “I’m Interested”
- If you don’t have a resume, but are interested and meet the requirements, respond to one of our messages to you over email or LinkedIn.
- Phone Interview by Michael C. Bertoni – Recruiting Lead at Chain.io
- Phone Interviews with Chain.io VP of Solutions, VP of Sales and Chain.io Engineering team
Chain.io Headquarters, Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Our headquarters at 1518 Walnut Street on the 15th floor is situated in one of the best areas of Philadelphia / Rittenhouse Square and can be easily accessed from SEPTA trains to Suburban Station, SEPTA buses and PATCO.
- Our salary is extremely competitive based on prior skills and experience and we give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance as well as 401K.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for occasional conferences and professional development.
- Opportunity to grow and expand your career – into roles that interest you or best fit your abilities.
- Opportunity to gain exposure to extremely interesting supply chain processes and solve supply chain issues for global brands.