As a Software Engineer at Kajabi, you’ll join a cross-functional product team of front-end and back-end devs, QA and product specialists and take ownership over the feature development, maintenance, and delivery of a slice of our core application.
You have a wealth of knowledge earned over a lifetime of personal experience. Everyone has something unique to teach the world, and we can all learn from each other.
As developers at Kajabi, we build the all-in-one software that allows people to create, market and sell their hard earned knowledge—so that they can earn a little extra money on the side, or build a serious and sustainable online business, and everything in between.
We build software that is simple enough to grasp intuitively by non-technical people, but comprehensive enough to be the only tool our customers need to start, build and scale their digital product businesses.
We are looking for a few more great developers to join our cross-functional product teams and own a slice of our all-in-one software platform.
What is Kajabi?
Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $2.5 billion in sales from over 50 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Why work at Kajabi?
- Build and support software that makes the world a little bit better by empowering thousands of people to help millions of people get a little bit better at… just about everything: We’ve built a product that people from all walks of life are using to teach just about anything you can imagine, from personal development, to personal finance and investing, to software development, to yoga, or floral arrangement and everything in between and beyond. Whatever your interests, there are likely at least a few customers who are sharing that kind of knowledge with the world, using Kajabi. If you care about teaching, sharing, and helping others, consider your work at Kajabi a force multiplier that will touch the lives of millions of people. You’ll learn a thing or two about what it takes to create, market, and sell digital products. You might even be inspired to make a course of your own—we’d love that!
- Work with an incredible group of human beings: “It’s the people.” That’s what everyone seems to say when asked what they like most about working at Kajabi. It’s what candidates say when they come and visit the office and meet the team for the first time. We spend a major portion of our lives at work, so above all we try to be good humans, to each other and to our customers.
- Take ownership over an area of our product and provide technical leadership to a cross-functional product team: We’ve divided responsibility for our app across several cross-functional teams consisting of about 3 to 5 people including a product designer, QA, front-end developer, and a few backend developers. You will bring your technical expertise and leadership working directly with the product designer to shape the roadmap for the area of the product your team owns.
- Join us as we enter into a new season of growth: We’ve been bootstrapped, profitable, and proud since day one. We launched in 2010 with an incredibly successful product. In 2016, we launched the third ground-up rebuild of our core product, one that we plan to shape and grow for many years to come. We have a stable and mature application with thousands of customers that count on us to continuously improve and support each and every feature. We’ve been able to build a large and successful app with a tiny team, but in this new season, we’ve divided up our application into more focused areas of responsibility.
The best way to get to know our product would be to browse through the videos in our Foundations Guide.
The product can be divided into five major components:
- Website & Branding:Our customers can choose to build out a fully customizable and branded website using our liquid based theming system.
- Digital Products:In a nutshell, a digital product is a collection of categorized posts, which can have video, text, and downloads attached to them. A digital product can be a single post with a download, like an ebook, or it can be a year long course. Customers can also create “community” products, which provide features similar to Facebook groups. We’re planning to release a mobile experience for digital products this year.
- Offers & Checkout:Customers can create “offers” which bundle one or more products into something that can be purchased, or subscribed to. Our checkout system supports payment integrations with Stripe and PayPal.
- Marketing & Automation:Customers can build up their email list by creating landing pages with opt-in forms, email their list with email broadcasts or email sequences, and also create date events with before and after email triggers for webinars and live events. Our automation system gives customers the flexibility to wire up custom workflows that make sense for their business.
- CRM & Affiliates:Customers can keep track of their contacts history as they grow from email list subscribers to paying members. We also have an affiliate system that allows our customers to partner with affiliates to help bring their offers to new audiences.
About This Role:
The Impact You Will Make
- Plan, strategize, and execute on high-level product outcomes.
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Review code written by other developers both in and outside of your team.
- Provide technical leadership, feedback and mentorship to junior developers.
- Work with your teammates to help manage the roadmap for your team’s product domain according to our product principles… think big, start small, ship to learn, give our customers superpowers.
- Occasionally participate in customer feedback interviews led by the product designer to gain insights into our customer’s experience of the product.
- Serve as a point-person during work hours for one week as part of our rotating schedule.
You might be a good fit if…
- You are able to architect medium sized features. You take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results, and you know when to ask for help with architecture when it’s needed.
- You can break apart medium sized projects into small incremental steps and can extract the minimum viable product out of a broader scope.
- You have experience building distributed systems that have scaled to millions of users.
- You have experience with automated testing, TDD, BDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- You are comfortable working with git and Github.
- You’ve worked on, and supported applications in a SaaS environment.
- You have the ability to get yourself unstuck, but know when its time to ask for some help.
- You have deployment and operational experience on platforms like Heroku or AWS.
What are the benefits?
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
- Casual Dress
Can I work remote?
The short answer is… absolutely! The slightly longer answer is that, we have a great group of people working in our Irvine, California office and we’d love to have you working here with us too. But, we know that great people are everywhere, so if that’s not possible for you, no sweat, we want to hear from you! If you are remote, we’d love to have you come visit us a few times a year!
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links – Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, Github profile, LinkedIn, blog posts or other writing samples.
- Cover Letter – Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.