At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a highly qualified Software Engineer with experience in Java web and report development for a SaaS environment. You will work as part of a strong agile team focused on building a scalable, efficient and high-performance web application serving 8+ million users.
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We believe that all children have the chance to succeed, and this drives the decisions our engineering, product development, and service teams make every day. Our award-winning products, including cloud-based i-Ready®, provide teachers and administrators with flexible resources that deliver meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for children. We serve millions of students with our i-Ready®, Ready®, and BRIGANCE® programs because of our laser focus on our customers’ needs over our own bottom line, and a belief that thoughtful and continuous innovation leads to a positive impact on classrooms and measurable growth for students.
The impact you’ll have:
- Design and develop new products and features for multi-tenant, SaaS products.
- Collaborating with development, quality engineering, and product management teams and develop high quality enterprise software in distributed Java architecture.
- Develop responsive and accessible user interfaces with modern UI frameworks and libraries
- Develop automated unit and integration tests and review code to ensure high quality implementations.
- Develop new and innovative solutions to resolve challenging software issues.
- Work effectively as part of an Agile team.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience engineering Enterprise Web Applications using Java.
- Strong experience with SQL and Relational and Non-Relational databases.
- Experience in writing and consuming REST and JSON-RPC APIs.
- Understanding of modern UI technologies such as React, Redux, Flow, Typescript, Karma, and Jest.
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, and related frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience with unit testing frameworks such as Junit, TestNG, and Mockito.
- Experience working within an Agile engineering environment.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with other testing frameworks such as Selenium/Webdriver and Puppeteer.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience in Database design and performance tuning.
- Experience with Amazon cloud computing infrastructure (MySQL RDS, Dynamo DB, S3, etc.).
- Experience and/or knowledge of accessibility best practices.
More about this role:
Location: North Billerica, MA or Remote
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.