About the position
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is searching for a Software Engineer to join our team!
We provide stability, product development best practices, and an environment where every engineer directly impacts the success of our software. As a member of the engineering team, you will be the driver of a swift software release cycle and be given the ability to select which projects you’ll work on based on its value added. Every engineer is given the reigns to continuously iterate on the Greenhouse platform, improve our codebase’s long-term quality, and empower the team to develop and grow.
Learn more about our engineering culture here!
Who will love this job:
- A standout colleague – you thrive off of developing and supporting your peers and junior teammates; no job is too small for you
- A doer – you get things done, you move quickly, and you love working in a dynamic environment
- A problem solver – you not only think about the bigger picture but can also connect the dots and dedicatedly resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- An excellent communicator – you have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams
What you’ll do:
- Write clear and concise production code for the Greenhouse Recruiting platform
- Provide useful and constructive feedback by reviewing others’ work
- Deliver new features by regularly collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, and other software engineers
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process
- Work with internal product teams on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities
- Establish processes that will improve Greenhouse’s code quality
You should have:
- Experience in writing production code (required)
- Experience working in the full stack
- Experience with Rails or another web-based framework, nice to have
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee’s journey. From day one of our interview process to executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
We offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.