RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
The IDE team builds the core of the RStudio ecosystem: the RStudio IDE, in both desktop and server variants. We are passionate about building the world’s best software for professional data science. You’ll focus on server-related features for RStudio Server Pro, and the occasional open-source desktop feature. We develop primarily in C++, using CMake, Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes. We work with the AWS, GCP and Azure ecosystems to ensure our products function seamlessly in those environments.
About the Job:
In this position, you will:
- design, develop, test, and maintain tools used by data scientists to create applications in R and Python.
- solidify your code with robust automated tests
- give and receive feedback from other engineers in the form of code reviews and design sessions
- support our customers by resolving support tickets and through our community forums
You are customer-focused and are driven by our mission to facilitate science and education for everyone. You share our commitment to building great software, and you have an appreciation for clean code that is easy to understand. You also have:
- 2+ years of experience developing server applications on Linux
- solid C++ or Java skills; multi-threading experience would be an asset
- curiosity and a burning desire to learn
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.