We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role:
The security team keeps Replit users safe while they learn and build. You’ll be responsible for building systems that help secure our infrastructure, write secure code, and manage abuse on the platform, making sure that users can trust Replit for their coding journey.
Examples of what you could do:
- Design new security systems for our container infrastructure using Linux technologies like eBPF and fanotify
- Explore API security, WAFs, and other technologies to continually improve security for replit.com
- Build security and abuse detection and mitigation systems that act in close to, if not, real-time
- Build software primitives for other engineers to use to write secure code
- Keep Replit users safe on our platform
- Continually iterate on Replit’s security infrastructure
Required skills and experience:
- 3 years minimum experience as a Software Engineer, ideally with relevant experience in security or abuse management (for example: hardening Linux and Docker, building security software, building spam systems)
- You participate in ethical hacking and have reports to show for it (such as a Hacker One profile)
- You have experience with handling security/abuse vectors in online communities (for example, a forum, an MMO, etc)
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
📱 Monthly Expenses Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)
Want to Learn More?
- Replit Product
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.
The overall market range of base compensation for roles in this area of Replit is typically $60,000 – $175,000. Compensation offered will be determined by additional factors such as location and experience.