HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open-source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the command line. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned. Terraform Providers are responsible for the interface and interactions between Terraform and the required APIs to interact with the infrastructure.
The Terraform AWS Provider team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Terraform AWS and Terraform AWS Cloud Control Providers in close collaboration with the Terraform AWS community, AWS, and HashiCorp’s customers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with nearly every part of AWS in the process of extending, maintaining, and enhancing the AWS provider
- Work with the just launched fully generated AWS Cloud Control provider.
- Be responsible for stewardship of the AWS provider by supporting internal, community, and partner contributors with guidance, supportive and constructive code reviews, documentation improvements, mentorship, tooling, and changes required to make our users successful
- Advocate for and make improvements to Terraform Core and the Terraform plugin SDK
- Work with AWS to support a relationship strategic to HashiCorp
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have operated and maintained production systems in AWS.
- You have a strong Software Engineering and/or DevOps background
- You have used Terraform & enjoy working with Go (or experience with C/C++/C#)
- You have experience in education, customer support, or OSS community support applicable to the Terraform community
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and tools (infrastructure as code, software-defined networking, virtualization, and the tools used to operate and maintain related systems)
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to the Terraform AWS Provider Team in particular.
If you do not have any AWS experience but have an interest in working with AWS and are on the fence about whether you would be successful working with us, please apply anyway.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.