Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS – OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About the Opportunity:
Join a new team focused on launching a new product that helps our customers grow their business.
Ideally, you have notable experience developing software and are good at using languages like Python to implement features in distributed systems. You are comfortable working at scale on dozens of interdependent components across multiple environments. You are also capable of navigating large codebases and uncovering the complexity in existing systems. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in code reviews and design discussions. In addition to the above, you are forward-thinking and able to remain effective when priorities shift.
What you’ll be doing:
In the first 30 days:
- Gain deep understanding of our existing platforms and systems
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
In the first 3 months:
- Build a new service from the ground up to support launching a new product
- Implement features of growing complexity and ensure quality through writing automated tests
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that development standards are adhered to
- Collaborate with product managers and other developers to launch a new product
In the first year:
- Share knowledge and act as a trusted mentor to junior team members.
- Own projects or features from conception to release
- Balance the need to ship code quickly with the need to make sound technical decisions.
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience building microservices in Python
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party systems
- Experience with DevOps practices such as CI/CD and Infrastructure as code
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- May be required to be part of an on-call rotation
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with container technologies like Docker, Nomad or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with event driven architecture
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
- Knowledge of the domains business and payment processing a plus
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.