At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
In this role, you will work on building out the backend to provide a reliable and resilient API for enterprise customers and self-contained private deployments. You’ll partner closely with sales, customers, and other engineering teams at W&B to ensure our
evolving enterprise customer needs are met and integrate well with our planned new features. You’ll be instrumental in building and writing code for distributed systems and establishing the patterns and practices necessary to operate highly reliable services at scale.
What you’ll achieve
- Build a monitoring and observability platform to pinpoint issues across a fleet of customer deployments.
- Join a highly cross-functional team, interacting with different teams from engineering, to sales.
- Work with our backend and infrastructure team to design and develop resilient, highly available systems with data privacy in mind
- Advise and educate development teams on how to build observable, reliable services.
What’s needed in this role
- A willingness to dive into and debug issues at any layer of the tech stack, from the application layer to the network.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Strong grasp of Golang and its ecosystem
- Experience using project management software, specifically Jira
- Experience building and maintaining public APIs
- Deep experience managing, monitoring, and debugging distributed systems/databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc.) in production.
- A critical eye for detail to ensure bugs are caught and fixed in the staging environment
Why join us?
- Top-tier machine learning teams rely on our tools for their daily work at companies including OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Lyft, Samsung, and Pandora.
- You’ll never stop learning. This role gives you first-hand experience talking with leading researchers in the field, understanding their problems, and directly shaping the product direction.
- Our experienced founding team has successfully built and sold ML tools in the past at Figure Eight, and their deep knowledge of our industry, empathy for our users, and skillful management is driving W&B to success.
- Customers genuinely benefit from our tool. Here’s a quote from Wojciech Zaremba, Cofounder and Robotics Lead, OpenAI: “W&B allows to scale up insights from a single researcher to the entire team, and from a single machine to hundreds of them.”
- Understanding of different encryption, digital signature, authentication, and authorization technologies
- Experience with license management systems
- Experiences in React, and Typescript
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation time
- 🩺 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 $1000 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave
- 📈 401(k)
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.