Who we are:
We’re a team of passionate, diverse individuals on a mission to solve the widespread traffic and environmental challenges impacted by the rise of delivery and ride-hailing activity.
Our first-of-its-kind computer vision technology powers fully automated parking areas, some of which are used to support the nation’s very first zero-emissions delivery zones. From improving street safety to reducing carbon emissions in urban neighborhoods, our solutions are designed to make communities more livable for everyone.
We’re a GovTech Top 100 company, an honoree of Fast Company’s “Next Big Thing in Tech,” and among the first organizations to receive a U.S. Department of Energy grant for the deployment of curb management solutions to incentivize vehicle electrification. We’re seeking peers from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures to help us continue this impact, and we encourage you to bring your unique and valuable perspective to our team.
Our team is small but growing fast. We’re looking for a Software Engineer who is eager to learn, detail-oriented, adaptable, and customer-focused to help us build a scalable and performant cloud native back-end.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our Product and Engineering teams, utilizing a dynamic skill set that includes technical proficiency, an emphasis on simplicity, and an obsession with user experience. Given the small size of the team and the fluid nature of startups, you’ll play a key role the development of our product and our team.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the product team and other engineers at every stage in the product development process
- Design, architect, and implement back-end services
- Develop elegant solutions using clean code
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- Demonstrated experience: 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Proficiency using at least one statically typed programming language
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams and listening to customers
- A passion for creating an excellent user experience, and the attention to detail required to realize it
- Sound judgment when balancing fast delivery with producing high-quality, maintainable code
- Ability to operate and execute independently without significant oversight
Some additional skills and experience that would really help you stand out:
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience working on an IoT project/system
- Hands-on experience deploying and monitoring production systems
- Strong technical writing skills
What we offer:
We value work-life harmony and believe that our people deserve the best. We offer:
– Equitable, competitive salaries
– Health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
– Unlimited, self-directed vacation with a mandatory 10-day minimum
– Five months paid parental leave, as well as additional family benefits to support our teammates and their families
*Health benefits are for US-based employees only.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value learning from mistakes, an openness to all ideas, and an honest and empathetic approach to our teammates and customers.