We’re focusing on: building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment; inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community; and designing simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented software engineer to build the next generation of collaborative coding tools. You’ll be responsible for our real-time and asynchronous collaboration experiences. This role presents interesting challenges from distributed systems to developer experience design. The problems are hard and stimulating as we are trying to re-imagine how people traditionally collaborate (i.e. async via git). Replit bundles runtime environments next to the code, and the infrastructure multiplayer-first so this is a unique space for version control.
This is a specialized and we are looking for people with experience in this area. If you are a generalist or specialize in another area, please look into other roles.
- Design and implement a protocol for our collaborative experience.
- Research and develop new paradigms for synchronous and asynchronous collaboration.
- Work on a version control system built on top of the collaboration infrastructure.
- Enable teams at Replit to build features like code threads.
- Ship features and build infrastructure using: Go, Rust, and/or TypeScript.
- Experienced with collaborative technologies such as Operational Transforms, CRDT, or other multiplayer algorithms.
- Someone who values simplicity and pragmatism (you think radically but ship incrementally).
- Self-directed and comfortable working autonomously.
- Enjoys building infrastructure for other developers to build on top of.
- Experience working with IDEs, terminals, or other common developer tools.
- Experience working with large distributed systems.
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.
Want to Learn More?
- Interviewing + Culture
Full Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
🧘♂️ Monthly Health & Wellness Stipend
🍴 Expensed Lunch/Grocery Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required)+ Holidays
📈 401k Matching
🚗 Commuter Benefits