We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about and skilled at making software easy to build, deploy, configure, monitor, and debug. You will have ownership to solve challenging problems that our customers face when they deploy and scale Sourcegraph on-premise in a variety of environments, and that we face when we deploy and scale Sourcegraph.com (the largest Sourcegraph installation in the world). Read the distribution team handbook documentation to learn more.
- Solid understanding of how to use Docker and Kubernetes to deploy non-trivial applications to cloud platform providers (e.g., GCP, AWS).
- Skilled at debugging distributed systems followed by designing and implementing solutions to those problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and empathetically, especially in writing and documentation.
- Practiced at creating high quality software balanced with a pragmatic understanding of how to make appropriate tradeoffs (e.g., cut scope) to ship quickly and iterate when necessary.
- Comfortable using Terraform (or similar infrastructure-as-code) to build tooling and automation for deployments, CI, and internal dev tools.
- Proficiency in Go.
- Published blog posts and/or tech talks about your work.
- Experience working on small high-performing teams, preferably tech startups.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30-minute call to learn more about what you are looking for, tell you about Sourcegraph, and answer any questions that you have.
- We evaluate relevant technical skills that you have via an asynchronous coding exercise.
- We will give you an overview of the exercise in advance.
- We will send you the details at a time of your choosing and you will have up to 2 hours to work on the exercise.
- You will be able to use your own development environment and lookup documentation on the internet.
- We schedule 4 hours of remote interviews over video chat across multiple days.
- Architecture: We give you an open problem statement and you walk us through how you would solve the problem.
- Technical experience: We ask you about your past work and accomplishments.
- Team collaboration: We ask you about how you work and communicate in a team setting, and how you handle tricky situations.
- CEO/CTO: We ask you about what motivates you to do your best work, and we tell you more about the vision for the company.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.