At HashiCorp, we build the infrastructure that enables innovation. Our suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products are the underpinnings of the largest enterprises in the world, who rely on our solutions to provision, secure, connect, and run their critical applications to deliver crucial services, communications tools, and entertainment platforms to the world. We’re building a once-in-a-generation infrastructure company with a unique approach: rather than focusing on specific technologies, we build products and solutions that support real-world workflows spanning the multiple cloud environments that nearly every organization worldwide is using today.
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. We develop tools for service discovery, config management, and health monitoring. Our customers place a high level of trust in us, relying on our tools to operate their own infrastructure and software effectively, so we care deeply about reliability and performance.
About the position
You’ll be part of a team that owns the User Interface application that ships with Consul and provides information at a glance about the user’s service mesh, including network topology, service health, ACL configuration, KV store, and more. You’ll help us extend the capabilities of the Consul UI to make it an essential part of any Consul user’s toolkit. You’ll work directly with a small, focused team of frontend engineers and designers to build our UI. The main areas of your work include:
- Building high-quality and performant user interfaces that drive Consul product-specific functionality
- Collaborating with product designers on shaping user flows during the design process
- Collaborating with other frontend engineers in the organization around best practices and shared components
- Collaborating with engineers on the core team on driving API changes necessary to build the best user experience for our users
We are a small team, so you will likely also be required to work on some ad-hoc tasks as and when they present themselves.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work across our product, primarily on the front-end (We use Ember.js, but do not require Ember experience)
- Work on a small team on the Consul UI application
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Enable and learn from your teammates through technical mentorship, code reviews, and pairing
- Be a part of a distributed team (we’re in North America and Europe)
You may be a good fit if some of the following apply:
- You have experience with front-end frameworks and libraries (Ember, React, Svelte, Vue, etc.)
- You are familiar with microservices architecture
- You have experience working on teams of engineers
- You are excited to grow your mentorship skills
- You are excited about solving problems in new environments
- Documentation and comments help you better understand your code
- You are passionate about making inclusive UIs, including accessibility and internationalization.
- You value thoughtfulness and curiosity in your work
- You have experience using Consul
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, describe why you are interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
What is our hiring process?
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with the Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview with one of our engineers
- Code Review interview with one of our engineers
- Communication and Collaboration interview with another team member
- Conversational interview with a designer
While the above serves as a basic outline, we might add or remove steps based on the information gathered during the process.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.