As a Software Engineer, you will be working on a product squad to develop new features and enhancements for our product. You should demonstrate the mastery of the fundamentals of computer science and be comfortable with implementing and shipping end-to-end features and fixing complicated issues with supervision from a senior engineer. We are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel excited about rolling up their sleeves to realize our potential. This is a frontend position so you must have a good understanding of both the Frontend of our application.
The ideal candidate will have recently graduated from a four-year computer science degree program with little to no prior work experience. We expect candidates to know the basics of software engineering and to independently solve tightly scoped tasks. You will be expected to learn rapidly and start driving impact with your team.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Work directly with an Engineering Lead and other software engineers as part of a product squad
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively in team with a product manager, product designer, quality engineer and other team members of the squad
- Operate in a fast-moving environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
We Are Looking For You If You Have:
- Git and GitHub or GitLab experience
- Container services such as Kubernetes experience (a plus!)
- PubSub/Eventing pattern experience (a plus!)
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- The ability to come into our Austin office to work with senior leadership periodically
Shopmonkey has become an amazing environment where employees feel that they are valued as people, and not just worker bees. To ensure that our team thrives, we invest in the following perks:
🏡 Fully Remote Work!
- $1,000 to set up your home office
- Phone/internet monthly reimbursements
- Virtual lunch & learns, classes, committees and activities
- Laptop and super rad swag provided
- Unique opportunity: This is the best form of hybrid! All teams get to travel and meet up multiple times a year for collaboration. Shopmonkey also hosts an annual company-wide get together we call Rally
💪🏼 Health & Wellness
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits available from day 1
- Short term and long term disability
- Employee assistance program
- $30 monthly home fitness or gym reimbursements
- Generous parental leave
- 401(k) available upon hire
✈️ Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 scheduled holidays
- 1 floating holiday to observe what is important to you!
- Flexible Time Off – Take the time off you need!
🥰 Giving Back
- Matching donations for approved charitable organizations
- Group volunteer efforts during work time
🌟 Personal & Professional Development
- Active Culture and DEIB co-creation committees that host quarterly events
- Career development opportunities