We’re building the world’s most ubiquitous programming environment. We focus on inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community, and we design simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We want to blur the line between learning and making– a place where you can hang out, tinker with ideas, learn new concepts, and launch a business all in the same day.
About the role:
Your charter is to harness the power of Artificial Intelligence to improve the daily lives of millions of coders using Replit. You will build new and delightful product features that allow our users to leverage AI as they build on Replit. This includes the various features of Ghostwriter (code completion, generation, transformation, explanation) and Ghostwriter Chat (chat-based AI programmer), as well as upcoming features that will use AI to power and drive the IDE.
Examples of what you could do:
- Expand Ghostwriter Chat’s capabilities in the IDE, allowing users to build more closely with an AI pair programmer
- Build a more powerful search engine using embeddings-based retrieval
- Create an automated chatbot to help users get the information they need while building on Replit
- Build and ship new features end to end, from initial design to scaling up to millions of users
- Collaborate across multiple engineering teams (Product, Platform, SRE, Mobile) to integrate AI-based solutions into our systems and processes
- Identify new opportunities for using AI to enhance the user experience and the Replit platform
Required skills and experience:
- Comfortable building end-to-end experiences on the web, from backend server to CSS
- Experience with modern web frameworks (we use Express, Next.js, GraphQL, Typescript, React, and Emotion)
- Experience with CI/CD process, and getting your hands dirty with dev ops
- Experience building with Large Language Models (LLMs)
- You love building high-performance, low-latency systems for the web
- You’ve built dev tools for yourself or others and are passionate about tooling
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
📱 Monthly Expenses Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)
Want to Learn More?
- Replit Product
- Interviewing + Culture
To achieve our mission of making programming more accessible around the world, we need our team to be representative of the world. We welcome your unique perspective and experiences in shaping this product. We encourage people from all kinds of backgrounds to apply, including and especially candidates from underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.
The overall market range of base compensation for roles in this area of Replit is typically $70,000 – $180,000. Compensation offered will be determined by additional factors such as location and experience.