Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
- Work in an agile, cross-functional team with other engineers, product managers, and product designers.
- Collaborate with our marketing team on optimizing our website experience and attracting more customers, which consists of:
- Creating new services which will help to show Hotjar value for potential customers,
- Optimizing Hotjar.com (build with Next.js and Contentful) so it’s blazing fast on all device types,
- Developing APIs that could be used to integrate different Hotjar services,
- Developing A/B tests to check different UI variants to optimize conversion rates,
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- Work with other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- 4+ years of experience with working on full stack JS applications.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Terraform and AWS or another public cloud.
- Familiarity with modern Node.js based web frameworks like Next.js or Gatsby along with the headless CMS.
- Familiarity with Browser APIs.
- Knowledge of TypeScript is a plus.
- Value collaboration with Product Designers to deliver pixel perfect experiences.
- Pragmatic engineer who actively avoids over-engineering of solutions and understands how to maintain high-quality code in a delivery-focused environment.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
The compensation range for a team member in this role is €70,000 to €90,000 annually where the typical offer will fall in the range of €75,000 to €80,000.
Hotjar compensation approach
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.