At Azenta, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry’s top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
How You’ll Add Value
The Software Engineer I works as part of a team to develop current and future applications. This includes working with internal and external customers providing service and support.
The Software Engineer I will be expected to participate with members of the development/testing team and become a valuable resource of the team. The Software Engineer I is expected to maintain a safe work environment and ensure a strict adherence to all company policies and procedures. They are expected to continuously develop process improvements and work with all aspects of the business to ensure we are meeting their demands.
What You’ll Do
- Development and maintenance of business applications, data scripts and unit tests based on our Informatics framework.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test, and implement solutions.
- Adhere to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Performance testing of functionality and data integrity.
- Participate in development groups with colleagues and third-party development vendors.
- Maintain confidentiality about systems software being developed or utilized.
What You Will Bring
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of working in an Amazon AWS hosting environment
- Knowledge of relational PostgreSQL databases
- Knowledge of using automated unit testing frameworks
- Be able to automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Be able to review and debug code
- Familiarity with Linux/Debian based operating systems
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 year) in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- With degree, 0-1 years of software development experience.
- Without degree, 1-2 years of software development experience.
- Ability to learn, correct and improve existing applications
- Strong analytical ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to contribute to a cross-functional team environment with focus on operational needs and communication
- Willingness to adapt and to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Great attention to detail and results driven approach
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory information systems, and biobanking software
- Exposure to any of the following: HL7, ASTM, bioinformatics, life sciences
- Specific experience with Limfinity and LimitLIS products a plus
Your Working Conditions:
- This role is remote; home-office/remote-office set-up required
At Azenta, we are a part of the science behind the COVID vaccine and we are committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities where we live and work. To protect our coworkers, clients, families and friends, we have implemented a policy where all of our US employees must be fully vaccinated (which includes taking the booster) or have requested and received an approved medical/religious accommodation prior to their first day of work.