As a Software Engineer, you will be working on a product squad to develop new features and enhancements for our product. You should demonstrate the mastery of the fundamentals of computer science and be comfortable with implementing and shipping end-to-end features and fixing complicated issues with light supervision from a senior engineer. We are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel excited about rolling up their sleeves to realize our potential. This is a full-stack position so you must have a good understanding of both the Frontend and Backend of our application.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Work directly with an Engineering Lead and other software engineers as part of a product squad
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in team with a product manager, product designer, quality engineer and other team members of the squad
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Must be able to operate in a fast-moving environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Experience designing, building, and operating production services
- Experience building and operating multi-tier web applications, including REST APIs
We Are Looking For You If You Have:
- Strong understanding of SQL (ideally Postgres or MySQL) and Data Modeling
- Experience with Git and GitHub or GitLab
- Container services such as Kubernetes, Istio/Envoy experience a plus
- PubSub/Eventing pattern experience a plus
- At least 2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
- The ability to come into our Austin office to work with senior leadership periodically
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.