We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
In this role, you will implement the systems that form the bridge between low-level Game Engine systems to high-level scripting, configuration, and gameplay code. Your main internal customers are Designers, Tech Designers, and Gameplay Engineers. Your code will enable them to build top notch experiences for our players. In turn, you will be the first customer of our game engine, building new systems atop its core capabilities.
Who you are:
- You have strong fundamental programming skills and can build robust, highly configurable, data-driven systems
- You are driven to level up your craft through self-education, experimentation, and from mentors on your team
- You are team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous
- You want to work closely with other disciplines, such as Art, Design, and Production
Some of your role:
- Implement, maintain, and troubleshoot game systems in high quality C++.
- Work with Senior Engineers to design and prototype new game systems.
- Collaborate directly with content creators to create or improve systems to empower them
- Collaborate with the Game Engine team to expand and improve upon Engine’s capabilities
- Profile, analyze, and optimize systems for mobile, console, and PC.
- 2+ years of professional programming experience in C++
- 1+ years working in a game engine (commercial or proprietary)
- 1+ years of experience contributing to a system design or architecture via code, documentation, and pattern development
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and game engine fundamentals
- Proficient at communicating with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development process
- Experience working directly with Designers, Tech Designers, and/or Gameplay Engineers to deliver gameplay experiences
- Experience working on voxel world games and/or survival games
- Experience with networked, multiplayer games
- Experience with profiling and optimizing code
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.