We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. If you are the sort of engineer with a deep interest in how cloud architecture actually works under the hood, you’re exactly who we’re looking for in this role. You will work with a team of experienced engineers on a modern tech stack to build the systems that power all of BenchSci.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada and the US for this position.
- Build internal tools, pipelines, and controls for all engineering teams
- Improve the lives of our engineering team by optimizing our build tools
- Automate our cloud architecture through state-of-the-art declarative configuration management (i.e. Infrastructure-As-Code) solutions so BenchSci can scale to meet user needs and recover from disaster events
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to solve problems relating to reliability and deployment systems architecture
- Improve monitoring, alerting, and overall observability for all systems
- Develop best practices for security, scalability, operational efficiency
- Support and educate application/data teams on how to use our cloud platform, and be a guardian of code and configuration quality to reduce operational errors
- 3+ years working in a DevOps or Infrastructure capacity
- Experience in any programming language; preference given to Python
- A background in computer science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, software design, and the ability to audit third-party code
- Experience with configuration management on public cloud providers (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- An interest in operationalizing distributed systems and raising SLIs
- Experience troubleshooting production issues and being part of PagerDuty schedules (only business hours)
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to email@example.com.