Who We Are
Deepgram is changing the world of AI speech recognition with the next generation of voice experiences. With its patented deep neural network, easy-to-use API, and state-of-the-art model training capabilities, Deepgram enables organizations to embed AI easily into their business. At Deepgram, we believe every voice should be heard and understood. We have been recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace (2022), a Forbes Top 50 AI Company to Watch (2021), and a CB Insights Top 100 AI Startup (2021), among others. We are proud of the culture and remote-first community we’ve created and invite you to learn more about our values here or check out our Glassdoor reviews.
In this internship opportunity, you’ll learn from and partner with Senior Engineers over the course of 12 weeks. The internship will culminate in one major project that will have a meaningful impact on Deepgram’s mission to unlock the power of voice data. Your major project will be paired with smaller projects that can be tailored to the student’s interests.
Deepgram Interns are treated just like full-time engineers, with significant freedom and ownership over their work. Interns take responsibility for outcome-oriented projects and outcomes that our users rely on.
What You’ll Do
- You will learn from and partner with Senior Engineers in ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition)
- The internship will culminate in one major project that will have a meaningful impact on Deepgram’s ability to continue to unlock the power of voice data and fuel the world’s big ideas.
- The major project will be paired with smaller projects that can be tailored to the student’s interests.
You’ll Love This Role If You
- Have an eagerness to creatively solve technical problems with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Are interested in working with and using large-scale data to solve valuable engineering problems.
- Like building tools that integrate with speech recognition APIs.
- Enjoy creating visualizations/demos to showcase your work.
- Have a solution-oriented mindset combined with creating design documentation to describe your intended system.
It’s Important To Us That You
- Are a Junior or Senior with an Engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics, and Data Science.
- Have experience with at least one programming language, preferably Rust or Python
- Have an ability to collaborate in teams of technical and non-technical individuals and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment with dynamic objectives
It Would Be Great if You Had
- A strong background in programming
- An interest in Machine Learning, Automatic Speech Recognition, or Deep Learning
Deepgram’s end-to-end deep neural network is revolutionizing the speech-to-text (STT) market and taking on the big guys. We’re redefining what companies can do with voice technology by offering a platform with AI architectural advantage, not legacy tech retrofitted with AI. We’ve raised over $56 million and have been recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace (2021 and 2022), a Forbes Top 50 AI Company to Watch (2021), and a CB Insights Top 100 AI Startup (2021), among others.
Our tech advantage is end-to-end deep learning, but our strength lies in our diversity of people, ideas, and experiences that allow our company to create amazing STT products for people who are true innovators in the field. We believe every voice should be heard—and understood—from our transcriptions to our customers to our employees. Come join our revolution to unlock the power of voice technology for everyone. We want to hear what you’ve got to say!