At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward!
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the role:
In this role you will be tasked with the overall development and implementation of front and back-end software applications. Your impact will extend from designing system architecture to high-level programming, performance testing, and system integration.
The main responsibilities of this position will be to take our offerings for observability to the next level. At Vercel, we aim at enabling better insight into applications and their performance during all stages. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our platform by implementing first class observability tooling and technologies and make them more approachable to our customers.
What you will do:
- Designing and implementing scalable web services, applications, and APIs.
- Closely collaborating with our partners to create best of breed solutions.
- Designing software system architecture.
- Developing and maintaining internal software tools.
- Troubleshooting, incident handling and bug fixing.
- Identifying bottlenecks and improving software efficiency.
- Writing technical documents.
To ensure success as a full stack engineer, you should have advanced programming skills in Typescript, Node.js and React, as well as good experience using NoSQL databases. Ideally, you also have previous SRE experience, or know how to ensure reliability across multiple microservices and have hands-on knowledge of the configuration of state of the art monitoring and logging tools.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.