We are looking for software engineers to build and deliver major components of our open source products. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
You will be an important contributor to the Pulumi open source platform across programming models, cloud APIs, core infrastructure deployment engine, distributed systems primitives, and more. You’ll work at the forefront of the intersection between cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes) and developer platforms (programming languages, SDKs, and application lifecycle), changing the way developers everywhere write cloud applications.
Expect to be challenged, learn, and collaborate with a world class team and our amazing developer community.
While Pulumi is headquartered in Seattle, WA, this role is fully remote.
In this job you will:
- Work on projects from concept to completion: collaborate with fellow engineers and customers to prototype, design, engineer, and test new features.
- Provide appropriate test coverage, clearly document design choices, ensure great performance, reliability, and maintainability of your code.
- Interact with the team and open source community to adjust roadmaps and to scope features.
- Contribute to the Pulumi community: engage with users to gather feedback, produce new sample content, and increase excitement about what we’re building.
Skills we are looking for:
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software architecture.
- Experience in multiple programming languages such as Go, TypeScript, Python, Java, C#, Rust, Kotlin, Scala, Haskell, Ruby, F#, Lisp.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Mindset of a community builder, focus on driving users and contributors to success.
- Experience building and running services in platforms such as Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don’t just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.