Take an active role in shaping the future of our platform.
What is the company’s mission? 🤔
Roadie helps companies manage their internal services by making it easy to adopt Backstage. Backstage is a service catalog which was created inside Spotify and has been battle-tested in production since 2016. Every day, thousands of Spotify employees use Backstage to do critical development and operations work.
We are a talented group of engineers who experienced the problems of service sprawl first-hand and decided that there is a better way. By unlocking the power of Backstage, we can make software development easier, faster and more enjoyable.
We are developers who care about developer experience. Learn why the company was founded.
What does my day to day look like? 📅
- As one of our engineers you will build out a scalable, secure and highly available solution built on the cloud (currently AWS) that will host Backstage for our customers.
- You will build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, maintenance, operation, and polish.
- You get to collaborate with kind, talented engineers that used to work in Spotify and Workday.
What is the offer? 💙
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing venture-backed start-up
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience
- We provide a meaningful stock options package
- 27 days paid time off
- Working remotely flexible working arrangements (fully remote position within Europe’s timezone (UTC-1:00 – UTC+2:00))
What is the process? 📖
All applicants will receive a response within 3 days. We can’t always be perfect, but we can be quick
- Application. Click the big button below!
- Meet with the engineering manager, to see if we’re a mutual fit
- Technical interview
- Technical assessment which is broken up into two parts, a programming part and a system design part
- Culture-add interview
- Yes/No decision
What skills would we like to see? ✨
- 5+ years or more of experience in Software Engineering
- Proficiency in a high level programming language
- Familiarity with a cloud platform (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience designing and operating highly available, highly secure systems
- Experience as a user of any Infrastructure as code tool (terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- A college degree is NOT required
- Bonus: Experience with Kubernetes
- Bonus: Worked with AWS EKS
- Bonus: Have Pulumi or Terraform experience
- Requirement: Europe’s timezone (UTC-1:00 – UTC+2:00)