RStudio is seeking a candidate for a Software Engineer to join the RStudio Connect team. RStudio Connect is a publishing platform for the work data science teams create in R and Python.
About the job
This is a growth-oriented position and while experience with parts of our stack may be helpful we are looking to coach the right person. Some of us are most comfortable improving our UI, while others may prefer addressing systems problems. You will be involved with a wide variety of tasks related to shipping RStudio Connect, including:
- designing, developing, testing and maintaining full-stack customer-facing applications and services,
- collaborating iteratively with designers and senior engineers to build great software,
- giving and receiving feedback from through design sessions and code reviews.
You are customer-focused and are driven by our mission to facilitate science and education for everyone. You share our commitment to building great software, and you have an appreciation for clean code that is easy to understand, and delightful user experiences. You love to learn and to help others succeed. You are humble, pragmatic, deliberate, and you have a keen sense of empathy for your co-workers and customers. You also have:
- experience working with relational databases,
- a commitment to and experience with writing tests,
- and a passion for leaving things better than you found them.
We are a diverse group who share a passion for building high-quality software and delivering a great user experience. Our team members live in various locations across the United States (and occasionally elsewhere!) and work together via Slack, holding regularly scheduled and ad-hoc video calls, and communicating our ideas through documents, images, and code (and code reviews).
- We welcome all talented engineers and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving engineers “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: 50% of engineering we do at RStudio is open source. We are profitable and we plan to be around twenty years from now.
- 100% distributed team with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k Matching
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.